Motor vehicles can be extremely dangerous. Car accidents occur daily all over the nation. There is no one person that is immune to the possibility of a car accident. Many individuals who have been injured in car accidents are not permanently injured or maimed. A vast majority of those who walk away with minor to moderate injuries seek help from car accident chiropractors in their area. Chiropractic care has been shown as an effective means of rehabilitation and pain reduction.
Below are some scary and interesting facts about car accidents and the injuries that occur:
- Only about 85% of Americans wear their seat belts when they are in a moving vehicle.
- An estimated +2 million Americans are injured in car accidents every year.
- Car accidents caused $518 billion dollars on a global scale.
- In the US we can expect car accidents to cost around $230 billion.
- Whiplash is the most common spinal injury that occurs during a car accident.
One problem that many Americans face is the fact that injuries may not be immediate. Pain, stiffness, etc. may present hours or days after the initial injury. This lag makes early medical intervention incredibly difficult. Every person that has been involved in a car accident should seek immediate care from a qualified medical professional even if they do not feel symptoms. Early interventions by car accident chiropractors can decrease overall recovery time!
The professionals at Schilsky Chiropractic have seen it all. With over 20 years of experience in the area of car accident chiropractors, they can help! Recover more quickly with the help of a professional!