Most Americans have had their fair share of back pain. It is an extremely common injury that can plague individuals for short or long periods of time. Although many times back pain does not necessitate visiting a medical professional, sometimes the pain can be too much to bear. Visiting a chiropractor for back pain can be an incredibly helpful way to deal with the discomfort and pain.
The back is an incredibly complicated structure that is made of of bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves. Back problems can arise from injury to any one of these many structures. Qualified medical professionals are the only individuals that should diagnose the underlying cause of your back pain. Many times visiting a chiropractor for back pain will decrease symptoms and get you back to a normal life much quicker.
Here are some amazing facts about back pain. Some of these facts can be found at the American Chiropractic Association website:
- About 31 million Americans suffer from back pain at any given time.
- Low back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide.
- Americans spend around $50 million a year combating low back pain!
- Individuals who are in poor physical shape will have more back problems than individuals physically fit.
- Back pain is not always due to injury, arthritis is a major contributor to back pain.
- 80% of Americans will experience back pain at some point in their lives.
- Back pain is most common in Americans over the age of 35 years.
Schilsky Chiropractic Center has been Jacksonville’s most trusted chiropractic clinic for over 20 years! Our Doctors of Chiropractic have spent years honing their skills to help their clients. When you visit a chiropractor for back pain you expect results, with our help you can get back to normal!