Injured in an Accident?
If you have been injured in an accident it can be very hard to know where to start looking for care. Schilsky Chiropractic is here to help you manage and treat the injuries that may have arisen from an accident. Do not let pain stop you from living your life as normally as possible. Contact Schilsky Jacksonville Chiropractic Center for help with treatment. Chiropractors in Jacksonville can evaluate those involved in an accident for injuries almost immediately! Make sure that you follow the steps below if an injury accident has occurred.
Schilsky Chiropractic is here to help you in every way!
Things to do Immediately After An Injury
1. Make sure you immediately attend to your injuries.
2. Schedule an exam with a chiropractor within 24 hours of a fall, accident, or injury. Even if you feel your injuries are minor, a consultation with one of our doctors is always done at no charge.
3. Report an accident to the police and your own insurance company. If the injury occurred on someone else’s property, immediately notify the owner, landlord, or manager of the property.
4. Consult with an attorney. Make sure you understand your rights. Most attorneys will provide an initial consultation at no charge. We will be happy to provide a list of attorneys with extensive experience.
5. Call a skilled chiropractor who understands the unique injuries caused by auto accidents. Schilsky Chiropractic Center has been serving Jacksonville and surrounding communities for over 15 years. Since we never charge for a consultation with a doctor, there is no reason not to schedule an appointment after every accident or injury.
6. Do not give statements about the accident to anyone other than the police.
7. Do not miss your scheduled medical/chiropractic appointments. Doing so may create the false impression that your injuries were not serious; that you weren’t making your best effort to get well; or that you made your injuries worse by failing to adhere to the recommended treatment.
8. Do not sign any documents without consulting with an attorney. Many insurance companies will quickly try to get you to sign a release from further liability by offering a small amount of money (usually a few hundred dollars). Once a release is signed, you can’t go back and ask for more, even if you’re still hurt, or get worse (which may happen if your injuries are left untreated).